Masterack Van & Truck Upfitting Solutions
Masterack started as the metal fabrication division of the Southern Spring Bed Company in Atlanta, Georgia. During the Great Depression, they were forced to branch into other markets beyond bed springs, and started making the original “Masterack”: a welded wire system for storing returnable Coke bottles at the drug store. The name Masterack soon became synonymous with fixtures and displays of all types for the beverage industry, as well as a low-cost manufacturer of institutional beds. Masterack began manufacturing welded wire shelving for the local telephone company to install in their service vans in 1971. In 1972, Masterack patented the original roof-mounted clamping ladder rack, which quickly became the industry standard for utility vehicles of all types, from cargo vans to station wagons.
In 2000 and 2001, Leggett & Platt purchased Crown North America and Team Fenex, to create a single source for any Commercial Vehicle Products need. Crown brought over 50 years of experience in the utility vehicle business, access to the Canadian market, and expanded capabilities and expertise as a Tier I supplier to the automotive OEM’s. That expertise helped Masterack to achieve ISO-9001 certification in 2001. Team Fenex is the industry leader in mobile power and underground safety equipment, and manufactures its own line of generators.
The Commercial Vehicle Products family of companies within Leggett & Platt, Inc includes 12 facilities across North America for manufacturing, warehousing and installing light truck equipment. Together these assets will complete over 30,000 vehicle upfits this model year, from contractor vans to mobile fiber optic splicing laboratories and police car prep packages. We will also supply an additional 30,000 equipment packages for installation by distributors and OEM factory programs. In addition to the incredible growth in commercial vehicle products, Masterack continues to be an industry leader for both institutional beds and point-of-purchase displays and store fixtures.
The economical choice for carrying a variety of items besides ladders.
Exclusive to Masterack, uses a motor to lower ladders from the roof at the touch of a button.
SLIDE-DOWN LADDER RACK
The patented Slide-Down™ easily lowers ladders “within arms’ reach”™.
MASTERACK LADDER RACK
The original has been the industry standard for over 30 years. Fits all full size vans, cargo minivans and steel pickup caps.
Van Interior Packages
Masterack stocks complete pre-packaged van interiors designed for any job function, for any vehicle. Choose a specific package designed by industry experts, or visit the steel shelving section to create your own custom interior.
Each interior is packed with standard features, including plenty of drawers and cabinets. Adjustable shelving and dividers are easily customized for efficient storage solutions. Complete packages for any need, designed by professionals.
TELECOM, CABLE& UTILITY CONSTRUCTION
Packed with standard features including plenty of drawers and cabinets. Provides efficient storage of tools and equipment. Perfect work solutions from industry experts. Ladder racks, accessories, and safety equipment complete the package to tackle any job.
Protect yourself from cargo and shifting loads with a steel safety partition. Designed to fit full size cargo vans, Sprinter vans, cargo minivans and some passenger vehicle.
- Constructed of sturdy formed steel panels with full perimeter attachments.
- Teflon™ tough finish provides scratch resistance; looks good with today’s vehicle interior trim.
- Available as perforated or solid panels. Center can be a fixed panel or a hinged door with locking handle.
- Utilize the Cab Partition for storage of safety equipment and work files. For more cab storage options, Masterack’s patented Cab Organizer™ is the answer to van cab clutter.
- Partitions for Passenger Vans offer the flexibility to move the partition from one seating position to another.
DESIGN YOUR OWN COMMERCIAL VEHICLE INTERIOR with pre-packaged storage modules, in a variety of sizes and combinations for any work truck. Keep tools and parts securely in place with lockable cabinets and drawers. View the layout guide for the recommended fit to your vehicle.
Storage modules can be used alone, or in combination with cabinets, bins, and drawers. Create interior arrangements to suit your particular need. All accessories can be added to the module system.
- Exclusive 60″ high modules fit Sprinter and Walk-in Vans.
- Up to 36” high fit minivans. Up to 48” high fit full size vans.
- Steel modules designed for the really big jobs.
- Tapered modules fit the vehicle contour to maximize floor space.
- Add job specific accessories to complete your van package.
- Mix-and-match modules to custom design your own workshop on wheels.
- Modules offer a wide assortment of shelving, drawers, and cabinets to fit any need.
- Modules are available in 12” and 16” depths and multiple widths to insure the maximum use of space.
Customize your work truck with a full line of job-specific accessories, chosen by industry experts. Products for specialized job functions such as refrigerant tank racks and spool carriers create the ideal workshop on wheels. Complement your van interior with lighting and AC power, or improve jobsite safety with backup alarms and mirrors. Most accessories can be added to any shelving system and any van interior.
A full line of storage options beyond ordinary shelving.
BIN RAIL SYSTEM
vertically organizes parts and tools in removable, snap-in bins.
REAR PULL-OUT SHELVING
for technical sales and service fleets, has a low gloss black finish to match OEM interior trim in passenger vehicles.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR DRAWERS
with smooth glide rollers provide secure, lockable storage for parts, tools and equipment.
The original Masterack welded wire shelving system is still the only one in the industry. Extremely strong, yet lightweight, configurable to any vehicle. Includes a full selection of accessories to match the interior to your specific need. Exclusive rear pull-out drawers work with wire shelving to put tools and parts in easy reach.
- Adjustable Wire Interior exclusive wire welded wire shelving systems are extremely strong, yet lightweight. Popular configurations for every vehicle, for every need.
- Step Down Drawer Module includes one 3″ deep drawer and one 6″ deep. Drawers include lock-in lock-out feature, movable dividers.
- Triple Hook Assembly bolts to any wire system Height adjustable, zinc plated for for long life.
- Shelf Retainer bolts to uprights, creating taller shelf or floor storage area as required. Sold as set of 2 retainers.
- Wire Pickup Interior for durable and versatility, you can’t beat Masterack welded wire shelving!
- Adjustable Wire Shelving is stronger than steel, yet weighs less. Rust free, zinc plated shelves will not collect dirt or debris.
Cargo Protection Packages and Duraliners™ protect valuable cargo and keep vans looking new. Molded-to-fit HPDE wall panels and headliner help control climate and road noise.
CARGO PROTECTION PACKAGES are complete van interiors including Duraliner™, Cab Safety Partition, and either E-track system with straps (full size vans) or “D” ring tie-downs (minivans).
DURALINERS™ include high density polyethylene wall panels and a headliner (Ford E-Series includes door cover panels)
Full size van liners include foil-backed insulation for climate and noise control.
Pickup Truck Equipment
A complete selection of utility work tops, ladder racks, utility carriers and interior packages are the professional’s choice for tough jobs
VERSARACK™ is the lightweight (55 lbs) yet strong (800 lbs tested capacity) aluminum utility rack for any pickup. Installs on most pickups without drilling. A wide variety of accessories is available to handle any job.
MASTERACK UTILITY WORK TOP available in lightweight aluminum or as Workmaster™ heavy duty steel caps. Configure with a variety of side and rear door combinations. Add a utility carrier, Masterack ladder rack or Slide-Down™ ladder rack to any top.
HEAVY-DUTY PICKUP RACK is rated for the maximum load your truck is rated to carry. The only pickup rack that is both zinc plated and powder coated for maximum outdoor protection.
NTERIOR PACKAGES offer quick, easy access to tools and equipment. For use with commercial cab-high plus 6” tops. Either solid steel or welded wire shelving fits the bed sides to allow clear center aisle space.